Ketty Zhang is a research-based multidisciplinary artist who currently resides in Vancouver, Canada. Often using her day-to-day experiences as a starting point of her research, she is fascinated with existing discourses around everyday objects and technologies and their reflections of our socio-political landscape. She holds a BA Double Major in Visual Arts and Art History from UBC and has exhibited at various venues in Canada, the UK, China and Sweden.
Here photographed, the Heal the Divide installation uses the burning of divisive content in the news as fuel for the age-old cupping practice as a symbolic method of healing. Zhang made this work in reaction to the draconian immigration policies brought forth by the former US president, with each cup containing a burned article covering the issue.
- Giclée print on 314 grams fine art 100% cotton fibre paper with a smooth satin finish.
Giclée, from the French term meaning “to spray”, is a fine art printing process combining long-lasting archival inks with high-quality art paper to achieve superior quality, lightfastness and deep vibrant colours.
- Limited edition of 10, numbered and signed by the artist on the back.
- Carefully packed and shipped rolled in a protective tube.
Fits perfectly our solid oak frames. Frame not included.
- Printed locally, upon order, on acid and lignin free cotton paper with no optical brightening agents.
- 10% of all profits donated to the Nature Conservancy of Canada.
Our art prints are made to order and are usually shipped within 3 to 5 business days.
We offer a $10 flat shipping rate for Canada and the USA, and a $15 flat shipping rate for other countries.
Shipping is free for orders above $200.
See more details in our FAQ